Here is the Twitter thread where Prototype27 gave his cookie recipe. The rest of this page is Skye's translation of that thread.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 7/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Mix flour, baking soda, and cinnamon in a medium-sized bowl, and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat butter, sugars, and vanilla together until uniform.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time.
- Slowly mix in the dry mixture (flour + baking soda + cinnamon).
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Spoon onto cookie sheet (Proto uses parchment paper, Skye greases the cookie sheet)
- Bake on middle rack for 6 to 8 minutes, depending on your oven. Proto takes the cookies out right as they start to brown on the edges.
- Cookies will finish baking as they cool, and should be golden brown by the time you take them off the cooling rack / parchment paper.
Proto claims the cookies are better if refrigerated overnight after baking. (Skye doesn't know because Skye just ate them straight out of the oven.)
If you want to store the cookies, line your storage container with a paper towel, fill the container with cookies, and then add a slice of bread. This will keep the cookies from drying out.